743 Alcatraz Avenue
After searching for months for a home close to BART and in the mix of some of Oakland's best, Cassie and Eddie planted roots at 743 Alcatraz. This home will always hold a special place in their hearts as both of their gorgeous girls were brought home here. The generous living room and formal dining room have classic period built-ins, vintage fireplace tiles, refinished hardwood floors and newly made to order in the USA light fixtures. Eddie spent his days running a nonprofit in the updated detached office off the backyard. Cassie enjoyed a sublime commute teaching at nearby Peralta Elementary School. This sweet home has been lovingly prepared for the market, simply move in and hang your art!
- Built in 1922
- 1,350 square feet interior (approx. per public record)
- 4,200 square foot lot (approx. per public record)
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 full bathrooms, which include the 2019 renovated master bathroom with penny round tile floor, vertically stacked subway shower walls & Duravit wall mount sink & new faucet.
- 1 half-bath
- Classic period details throughout
- Refinished hardwood floors throughout including new (2019) hardwood floors added to the master bedroom
- New (2019) interior paint and plaster restoration
- 13 new (2019) light fixtures, 11 made-to-order in the USA
- Detached storage with built-in cabinetry, mini-fridge, over-head fan, built-in desk, and skylight
- Sweet sun-filled garden with grass, lemon and fig trees, and raised garden beds
- Updated kitchen with vintage cabinets that were just sanded and painted, new quartzite counters, subway tile backsplash, Grohe faucet, new oversized stainless steel sink, and new Spanish tile floor (all updates completed in 2019)
- Fenced-in front yard with newly added succulents and a Bay leaf tree that Cassie and Eddie used for cooking!
- Sewer lateral compliant